What is MERGEDgate
It is about global environment and development
You will be trained by international experts on the hot topics:
- Mega challenges in global development and environment
- Challenges and solutions in agricultural development
- Challenges and solutions in sustainable environmental development
- Interdisciplinary approaches to global development and environment
- Innovative didactis and the interdisciplinary approach
It is an interactive off-site workshop
A group of 30 international students meets for a week in a location away from the usual place of work and study, to facilitate concentration and the creation of cultural bridges. During these days "traditional" lectures, teamwork, methodological exercises and field experiences will lead the students through an innovative and unique learning experience.
The workshop in 2023 takes place from June 26th p.m. (arrival day) to 30th a.m. (departure day)
Who & when can apply
You can apply if you are a bachelor student in the general disciplines of natural, social or economic sciences, at the Universities of Copenhagen, Milano or Warsaw. Priority will be given to second year BA students. Ten students from each university will be selected. If eligible, your travel and stay during the workshop will be granted (travel and/or stay, based on the rules of your home institution). The application must be submitted by March 24th 2023.
“It's been very beautiful, interesting and amazing.”
Elia Kitharazis, from the University of Milano, 2022 trainee
MERGEDgate may be your first step towards the MERGED master.
MERGED is a master in Global Environment and Development, which takes 40 selected international students through a journey in social and scientific understanding of environmental issues at a global scale. MERGED is funded by the ERASMUS MUNDUS program and eligible students may receive grants. It occurs at Copenhagen university, during the first year, and either at Milano or Warsaw universities during the second year.
- For general questions and grants from the university of Milano: carlo.pozzi at unimi.it
- For questions related to grants from the university of Warsaw: me.zalewska at uw.edu.pl
- For questions related to grants from the university of Copenhagen: cso at ifro.ku.dk